Heritage series Tamko Shingles are Laminated Asphalt Shingles that are helpful in not just protecting your roof from winds and harmful rays of sun, but they also add the required aesthetic to your roof. Talk about aesthetics and Tamko Heritage Shingles add a striking dimension and replicate the natural tone of a wood shake. To top it all, the cut of the shingles is uniquely shaped and the edges are well polished to give it a smooth and rustic finish ensuring that you get the very contemporary design for your house.
Tamko Heritage Series shingles are available in four categories: Vintage, Premium, Woodgate and Heritage and all of these categories have an array of colours to choose from. Striking and distinctive colour palette ranging from dramatically bold to contemporary to classic coupled with longest up-front protection and treated with algae resistant component, Heritage Series Shingles have got it all.
They will install the shingles on your roof in a very limited time and also safe manner so that you don’t have to compromise on your time. Have a look at some of the unique features of these shingles:
- Made with excellent material that is the reason for the longer protection and safety of your roofs. The materials used to make these high quality shingles include double layer fibreglass mat. This is the material that gives these shingles the required strength.
- They have been coated not on just one side but both the sides by means of weathering-grade asphalt along with mineral granules (ceramic) to provide you the required protection from the wind and highly dangerous storms.
- Since Heritage series shingles are bonded together with two layers, it makes them stronger. These shingles are heavier, exceptionally durable as well as long-lasting and at the same time provide a better visual effect.
- Self sealing asphalt strip ensures resistance to high speed wind. This strip ensures that your roof is protected from the wind that goes up-to the speed of 130 MPH.
- The Vintage and the Woodgate categories have natural deep shadow lines that provides the look and feel of a real wood shake. This is the look most people want for their roof but they are unable to get it because they don’t want to incur the expenses of installing the wooden roofs or the liabilities that come along with them.
- Whereas, the shadowtone granules and random cut saw-tooth design blend of Heritage and Premium categories add extra depth as well as richness to your roof.
- Tamko Heritage Shingles are tested thoroughly and are in compliance with UL 790/ASTM E 108, Class A, ASTM D 7158 Class H (150 mph), ASTM D 3161, Type I, Class F (110 mph), UL 2390/ASTM D 6381 Class H (150 mph) etc.
What to consider before installing Heritage Asphalt Shingles
This goes without saying that installing a new roof is viewed upon as some kind of long-term investment and there is no way that you would want to chose the wrong product and then regret later. No doubt, Asphalt shingles are very easy to install and are comparatively cheaper and hence are widely considered as a roofing material. It is a known fact that Asphalt grade shingles have better performance in areas with cooler climates; however, if you try to install the same when the weather is cold, it will damage your shingles. First lay them flat and let them soften by sunlight, at the same time make sure that you have enough attic ventilation as poor ventilation tend to have an adverse side-effect on Asphalt shingles. Also, it is highly recommended that you get in touch with an expert and qualified contractor as they have the right knowledge on how these shingles behave in different climatic conditions.
- The Tamko Heritage shingles have been known to provide the best protection to your roof. They can withstand wind speeds in which most shingles of other brands fail to provide protection.
- The company provides pre roofing layering to ensure that the shingles don’t come off easily and remain on your roof for a long time.
- The tamko shingle series come in various colours and the materials used to manufacture these shingles are extremely top notch.
- There are various colours available in the series of Tamko Heritage shingles but the availability is confined to specific states in the country like Philisburg, Dallas, Tuscaloosa, Joplin, Frederick and a couple of others.
- These varieties of the Tamko shingles have given problems in roof protection after 15 years. It was unable to withstand hurricanes like Sandy. Also, the roofing might have a tarnished black layer after 10 years of use.
- The granules of the Tamko shingles come off and fall apart after some time. This will cost you more in the long run.
- Apart from the tarnishing of these shingles, you might face a problem when the color starts to come off. This is one of the problems that have been mentioned a number of times in the Tamko Heritage reviews. So, one of the problems that you might as well have to deal with.
As mentioned above, the Tamko shingles are available in a myriad of colours to choose from. All these colours are elegant and provide the look that you want for your home.
- Rustic slate
- Olde English Pewter
- Weathered wood
- Rustic Black
- Rustic Cedar
- Rustic redwood
- Thunderstorm grey
- Autumn brown
- Mountain slate
- Natural timber
- Painted desert
- Harvest Gold
- Black Walnut
- Fossil Grey
- Slatetone Grey
- Oxford Grey
- Rustic Evergreen
- Virgina Slate
- Aged Wood
- Cedar Wood
- Black Sage
- Cabin Wood Brown
These colours are classy and have the best effect on every kind of roof. As the colours are confined by region, do find the colours that are available for your region.
Coming to the warranty of the Tamko shingles, they give a warranty of 15 years for protection of your roof from high speed winds. Also, they provide protection against algae and give you an algae proof roof for around 10 years. Moreover, if you have problem in the shingles before the warranty period is up, you will get full assistance from the company representatives who act on their words quickly. They will replace all the shingles in a week ensuring that you are not disturbed from your normal routine when the work goes on. The transferable warranty on these shingles comes for around 5 years. Over all the warranty period of the Tamko shingles is great and even if you encounter any problem, it will be fixed soon.